ubuntu-15.04 PPC issues

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 23:24:36 UTC 2015

On 06/03/2015 10:28 AM, Fritz Hudnut wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 5:00 AM,
> <lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
>     Message: 3
>     Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:52:18 -0500
>     From: Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com <mailto:israeldahl at gmail.com>>
>     To: lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>     <mailto:lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>     Subject: Re: Lubuntu 15.04 64 bit Problem with Desktop Shortcuts
>
>     Hi Fritz, I recently tried the 15.04 mini iso for PPC and it seems
>     like
>     systemd is a huge problem for PPC.
>     I tried installing xserver/xorg/etc... and my computer crashed.  I
>     tried
>     apt-get -f install and it crashed.
>     pretty lame experience.  Maybe LFS would be a good way to go with PPC
>     :P  Probably about the same amount of trouble.
>     On a side note, I might test out the latest Debian from mini.  If
>     I have
>     good successes I will tell you!
>

> @Is:
>
> Appreciate the report of your experience in 15 . . . I don't even know
> what "systemd" is, but that is what "xeno74" ??? said on the forum . .
> . and the multiple panics is what I found with it . . . .
>
> I guess it might be informative to know if the Debian base system in
> 15 is OK for PPC or if that is the problem area . . . personally I'm
> OK with 14 for awhile . . . not enough PPC computers lying around to
> use as "mules."  : - )

Hey Fritz!
It did not work very well for me with Jessie.
That is unfortunate :(
I hope 15.10 or gets some things right so 16.04 can breath new life into
the iBook.
I may have to try 14.04 again, and hope the sound issues have been
addressed... or I can find some sort of work arounds...
32bit PPC is not extremely popular I know, but this is still sad....