ubuntu-15.04 PPC issues

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:28:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 5:00 AM, <lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com>
wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:52:18 -0500
> From: Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com>
> To: lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: Lubuntu 15.04 64 bit Problem with Desktop Shortcuts
>
> Hi Fritz, I recently tried the 15.04 mini iso for PPC and it seems like
> systemd is a huge problem for PPC.
> I tried installing xserver/xorg/etc... and my computer crashed.  I tried
> apt-get -f install and it crashed.
> pretty lame experience.  Maybe LFS would be a good way to go with PPC
> :P  Probably about the same amount of trouble.
> On a side note, I might test out the latest Debian from mini.  If I have
> good successes I will tell you!

@Is:

Appreciate the report of your experience in 15 . . . I don't even know what
"systemd" is, but that is what "xeno74" ??? said on the forum . . . and the
multiple panics is what I found with it . . . .

I guess it might be informative to know if the Debian base system in 15 is
OK for PPC or if that is the problem area . . . personally I'm OK with 14
for awhile . . . not enough PPC computers lying around to use as "mules."
: - )