Lubuntu 15.04 -- PPC Problems

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 18:55:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Aere Greenway <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com>
wrote:

> I totally sympathize with your situation, and admire your steadfast
> determination (in the face of huge odds) to succeed with PPC.  I doubt I
> would have continued in the face of such odds.
>
> None of my testing was with PPC.  I did perform two installs on Mac OS X
> MacBook machines, and the systems installed there are not free of problems,
> but at least the install went okay.

AG:

Thanks . . . I also sympathize with folks trying to keep their perfectly
adequate PPC computers going . . . the curve started rough about 4 years
ago, users needing to do a lot of tweaking to get linux to run . . . I had
to work pretty hard to get it running on my iMac . . . then, straight
no-chaser with 12.04 . . . which is running well now on my Powermac G4,
just got a bunch of updates over the weekend . . . to 14.04 doing "OK" with
mods and issues . . . but, 15.04 I would say is "Sid-like" in my experience
of it . . . .

I just don't have time to figure out how to add my several PPC comuter s to
the QA Tracker . . . several attempts have proven futile . . . and then
there is the "you can't file a comment without filing a bug report"
conundrum . . . it's a catch-22 . . . IMHO . . . .

But, we have an influx of people from the AmigaOne base coming into linux,
they seem enthusiastic . . . also seem to be hitting the wall . . . .