How to open some files based on extension rather than mime type?

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:59:50 UTC 2015

Hi,
I want to look into it more.
I was just posting more information for anyone who is following this
thread, and for my own information, as well.
I will try to test this soon.  In 12.04 defaults.list does indeed work
with pcmanfm, mimeapps.list would not work (of course). the place to
look (or ask) might be on the LXDE github
I'm sure PCMan knows how to support this action.  Of course it could
also be some patch that is added in by Julian in the packaging (or left
over from ealier versions), but that is just a guess.
If I get time today I'll pop in on github and look around, and maybe ask
what the preferred placement is.
This may actually be a bug...