Working my way back . . . to adjusting fan limts

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:53:27 UTC 2015

> > So, add LXDE, log into it, and then try to remove the U-MATE stuff?
> > And that would get me back to the "core" system, more or less, with
> > the basic lighter DE??  Easy-peasy or messed up?
>
> You may try out this first:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#How_do_I_adjust_my_fan_limits.3F
>
> Good luck!

Thanks for the thought, sort of knew that was a choice, but in the past
when I looked at that it seemed beyond my skillset, or rather, difficult to
figure out what Apple was using to set their temp ranges and then transfer
that to Centigrade???  But, maybe I'll take a look at it again--in the past
I've found it faster to do a fresh install for getting around problems . .
. but maybe it will make sense this time to try to fiddle with it.

Appreciate the thought,