French Canada multilingue keyboard

Marc Tremblay mtremblay at lbpsb.qc.ca
Tue Jan 20 14:07:05 UTC 2015

I have just realized that we are having the same problem as well.

We had to change our keyboard input method from IBUS to UIM because IBUS was causing problems with the Google Chrome browser. Using UIM resolved the Google browser issue but there is no French multilingual keyboard and as Jacques mentioned we don’t have access to the @ either.

We have almost 200 devices converted to Lubuntu and I will now have to figure out how to get the French multilingual keyboard working on all of them.

Any possibility of an update to fix this? Seems to me this should be a basic feature available right after an install.