ibus question

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 13 17:34:53 UTC 2015

On Jan 13, 2015 6:49 AM, "Linda" <haniganwork at earthlink.net> wrote:

> wonder if this is also some how connected to another problem I have with
some users being unable to use their keyboard number pad when accessing via
Teamviewer

I doubt it's related, especially if you have the default input method as
none. have you consulted the developers of Teamviewer about this?

> I'm wondering what would happen if I just removed the ibus package and
the gir1.2-ibus-1.0 package.
> My kids use my computer to do Latin, Spanish and Italian. Everyone else
only uses English
> So does anyone know if it will break things to remove these?

there's only one way to find out. I've suggested removing it in the past
but I only use English so I'm not the ideal user. remove it and tell us the
results.

@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact