Pint screen button not working after upgrading to 12.04 5

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:43:54 UTC 2015

On 02/18/2015 05:25 AM, Jörn Schönyan wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015 11:30:19 CET schrieb
> cats at buckeye-express.com:
>> OS version Lubuntu LXLE 12.04 5
>>
>>  I have a Dell sk 8115 104 key keyboard , screenshots were easy in
>> 12.04  4 since I upgraded I can no longer hit the print screen button
>> and capture images . Did I make a mistake when I selected keyboard
>> input upon installation ? Screenshot works if I pull it out of
>> Accessories but I like having the conveinience of the button , by the
>> way I played with my LXkeymap settings now I don't know which one I
>> should be on Thanks . JD
> Hi,
>
> I guess you should ask the LXLE people.
>
> Best regards

Hi,
I agree that LXLE people will most likely be able to give you a really
good answer.

Here is some framework of an answer (in case you have to search on your
own):
You can also look in your openbox xml file (not sure what it is called
in LXLE... sorry look in ~/.config)
and make sure your preferred print screen button is set to your
preferred action.

If it is, then yes you need to choose the correct keyboard layout.
You can always get the keycode by running:
xev
in a terminal and pressing the key.

--
Regards