Trusty 14.04.2 finally ready for testing, due in 2 days

Tue Feb 17 23:55:29 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 03:42 PM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Aere Greenway
> <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com> wrote:
>> So the problem I reported with Intel 82815 graphics months ago is still
>> there.
> If the bug report doesn't show "fix released," this is to be expected
> and such comments are unnecessary.
>
> Thanks for testing!

Walter:

I was aware the problem was not reported as fixed.  But my experience in
the software industry has shown me numerous cases where fixes for other
problems have actually fixed problems that were not known to be related
(but were).

So it was worth giving it a try.

I have seen at least two fixes go into the Intel graphics package, and
would have tested to see if they fixed my problem (except for how hard
it is to rescue my system when the problem is encountered).  It was
relatively easy to test with a live USB of 14.04.02.

--
Sincerely,
Aere