cdrdao extremely slow

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:45:16 UTC 2015

Hi Sansebar,

On 16 December 2015 at 19:37, Sansebar <sansebar at posteo.de> wrote:

> 3) I don't use cdrdao directly, I use Brasero. Could you consider
>> installing that and seeing how it fares?
>>
> As far as I know Brasero does not work with Lubuntu, right? I assume, you
> run Brasero in Ubuntu?

It should work. The main difference between Lubuntu and Ubuntu I believe is
the desktop installed and the additional software (for instance it has
Abiword instead of LibreOffice)

Simplest thing to do would be to try installing Brasero with your package
manager and trying it out. Might be a good idea to try running Brasero
without other things running (for instance Firefox or a word processor)
because I don't know how much memory your computer has.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software