Re: upgrade from Lubuntu 12 LTS to Lubuntu 14 LTS on the extremely old desktop?

Peter Golis golisp at centrum.sk
Tue Aug 11 14:53:27 UTC 2015

Hello Fritz,
So, this clarify your issue:
Old iBook with 128+512M RAM (same combination as my playbook) cannot handle big JS pages like FB. Most modern web sites eat RAM. Teoretically you can install zram on that system which will enable compression in RAM, but you will not win fight with modern web pages. That old iBook shall be used as remote terminal in this era unless you want to be HW hacker.

Regarding PM 3,1, which model did you mean? Only PowerMac generation 7-11 was expandable to 2G or more. Not PM3,1.

Peter.

> Od: Fritz Hudnut <este.el.paz at gmail.com>
> Komu: Peter Golis <golisp at centrum.sk>
> Dátum: 11.08.2015 16:38
> Predmet: Re: upgrade from Lubuntu 12 LTS to Lubuntu 14 LTS on the extremely old desktop?
>
> CC: "lubuntu user list"
@PG:

Both.  My research shows that my iBook is already maxed at 646MB RAM.  The PM 3,1 I upgraded to max 2 GB.