upgrade from Lubuntu 12 LTS to Lubuntu 14 LTS on the extremely old desktop?

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 01:14:36 UTC 2015

@AG:

Thanks for the emotional support, yes, sniff, it's a lonely world in linux
PPC . . . nobody calls, nobody "likes" my posts . . . the devs don't
respond to bug reports . . . .  : - (((((

But, sure, 450 MHz is "OK" for many local tasks, it just gets totally
overwhelmed in places like FB . . . .

@HH:

Appreciate the reply as well, however, "get down to the terminal" . . .
right, but for what?  I do use the terminal for routine upgrades, but,
having spent time in fink and mintppc, where upgrades/installs took 8
hours, during which something would invariably break, I've moved on to the
more stable systems like the 'buntu flavors, that don't take so much time
and attention to just get them to run.  Like, if there was a wiki on how to
update xfce to 4.10 or 4.12 while in 12.04, and the CL instructions were
detailed . . . I could maybe find the time.  But, compiling a kernel??  Too
many things to do that I'm already ignoring . . . I've got "bills" . . .
"bills" . . . "bills" . . . .  : - )