upgrade from Lubuntu 12 LTS to Lubuntu 14 LTS on the extremely old desktop?

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:13:05 UTC 2015

          @Fritz

>             I am was trying to explain not to use the 12.04 version of
>             LXDE, sorry if that was unclear.
>
>           To recap:
>
>             You can install a PPA to have an up-to-date WM/DE  (possibly
>             even LXDE).
>
>             So yes, you CAN stay on 12.04.

@Israel:

Just a little humor to help brighten my day . . . .  : - )  But, appreciate
the re-post on installing a PPA for the WM/DE . . . where could I find data
on how to do that?  For, in my case, XFCE 12.04?  Do I have to go to
XFCE.org web site?  Or somewhere on Launchpad will be the XFCE PPA data/key
number??  Or, I can use GUI Software Center to find and add PPA??