upgrade from Lubuntu 12 LTS to Lubuntu 14 LTS on old desktop?

Fri Aug 7 03:01:20 UTC 2015

On 08/06/2015 06:19 PM, Richard H. McCullough wrote:
> I have an old Dell 8200 with only 512 MB RAM.
> Last year I tried regular Ubuntu 14 with standard desktop -- it was
> impossibly slow.
> So I installed Lubuntu 12, which gives reasonable response time.
> Can I expect reasonable response time with Lubuntu 14?
>
> Dick McCullough

Dick:

I have an old Dell 8200, and it works fine with Lubuntu 14.04, as well
as with 14.10 and 15.04.

The limited memory will be what restrains it, but it will work.  If you
can upgrade the memory to 1 gigabyte, or even to 768 megabytes, it would
be helpful.  But I run successfully with 512 megabytes on even slower
machines.