Playing music on Bandcamp

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 30 16:54:50 UTC 2015

I use Chrome (not Chromium, which does not include Pepper Flash, but
you can get it through the pepperflashplugin-nonfree plugin) and
everything works great with Bandcamp, which has no HTML5 election.
There used to be such a thing, but now I think HTML5 is standard. I
personally recommend Chrome (even though I appreciate Mozilla as an
organization much more than Google, who is non-free regardless of what
you might think) because it always Just Works™.

Ignoring Chrom*, though, I've got 14.04 running over here at work
(technically Kubuntu, but should work similarly in terms of
browsers/plugins) and Firefox 37.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 with
flashplugin-installer 11.2.202.457ubuntu0.14.04.1 and I have no
problem playing stuff off Bandcamp. I don't use Firefox for my daily
driver, so I'm not sure if there are other considerations, but it
seems to work here.