Fwd: [Lubuntu-admins] 15.04 - Installation Experience

Brendan Perrine walterorlin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:54:34 UTC 2015

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 8:18:08 PM UTC, Aere Greenway wrote:
> I know it successfully wrote the GRUB-PC bootloader to the
> hard-drive of the machine being installed-to, because that
> system worked fine, and the new system is the one that is
> initially selected in the GRUB menu (it used to be a different
> system).

If you have bootloadaer install problems with disks I find I sometimes
don't expeirence these problems. This can also happen if you have a desktop
with many disks in it but then again you may want a custom setup if that is
your usecase. I don't really think my mom would come home from the store
with a desktop with 3 disks inside it.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1431067 describes one
such problem I had but could never reproduce this with manual partitioning.
A recent jupiter broadcasting podcast from Fridat suggest thsi might be
more widespread and may also affect 14.04 in which case getting this fixed
for 14.04.3 will be really ncie since it is long term support and what I
would want most new or non technical users on anyway.