using Clonezilla with Lubuntu 14.10

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Tue Apr 21 13:47:21 UTC 2015

On 4/21/2015 9:25 AM, Marc Tremblay wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> We have been installing Lubuntu 14.10 in the computer labs and on
> netbooks in our school board. Up to this point we have just been doing
> the installations by USB and then completing all the configurations
> manually afterwards. This was fine in the beginning but we have added
> more tweaks and included more programs as we have grown into this OS
> and the process is now becoming quite tedious.
>
> I have used Clonezilla to create a Lubuntu image which seems to work
> fine. How can I change the administrator password and rename the
> computer after I blast the image onto another computer/laptop?
>
> Thanks

I'm glad to hear Clonezilla is working fine as a deployment tool.  I had
imagined that there might be some issues with such usage across various
hardware configurations.  Such issues certainly occur in Windows.
Someone else with more pointed experience may say more.

But to simply answer the questions:
- Change the admin P/W via Menu: System Tools: Users and Groups
- Rename the computer: This is actual renaming the host.  See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Networking