Keeping track of isos.

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 17:01:30 UTC 2015

Hi Aere.

On 19 April 2015 at 17:32, Aere Greenway <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com> wrote:

> *If you insert/mount the media (CD/DVD/USB), and look at it in the file
> browser, you will find the following directory:*

<snip!>
Thanks for that. I always carry two USB flash drives with me - one for data
I want around with me, the other to have an Ubuntu I can use to install on
a friend's computer in an emergency or use as a rescue drive. It has been
useful in the past.

*On my USB drives, I have been labelling (using gparted) the partition with
a name identifying which system it is.  *
Thanks for that. I've adopted it. As I deal with 32-bit and 64-bit, and
because there aren't many characters in a label, I had to name a drive as
UBUN1404X86.

I also have a ~/isos folder and use a combination of verbose folder and
filenames to track things. When 15.04 comes out I'll be able to free up a
lot of disc space.

BW,

Ian

 ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org