Keeping track of isos.

Sun Apr 19 16:32:33 UTC 2015

Ian:

If you insert/mount the media (CD/DVD/USB), and look at it in the file
browser, you will find the following directory:

dists

In that directory, there will be a folder identifying the release
code-name, such as:

trusty

In that directory, you will find a text document named:

Release

At the beginning of that file is information similar to the following:

Origin: Ubuntu
Label: Ubuntu
Suite: trusty
Version: 14.04
Codename: trusty
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:58:53 UTC
Architectures: i386
Components: main restricted universe multiverse

This information was in the Lubuntu 14.04 USB, so the Ubuntu variant
name (such as Lubuntu) may not be shown.

On my USB drives, I have been labeling (using gparted) the partition
with a name identifying which system it is.

For example, the USB drive I got the information above from, I have
(previously) labeled LUBUNTU1404, so the moment I mount it, I know which
system it is.

So in the particular case I tried above, the directory (on my machine)
is named:

/media/aere/LUBUNTU1404/dists/trusty

- Aere