Lubuntu cd under 700mb?

Ian Pride faithnomoread at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 14:30:07 UTC 2015

thank you someone else here already got me sorted with the same advice and I
replied. much appreciated

Sent using CloudMagic [https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ta&cv=5.1.11.3&pv=4.4.2]

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Istimsak Abdulbasir < saqman2060 at gmail.com [saqman2060 at gmail.com] > wrote:

On Apr 10, 2015 12:25 PM, "Ian Pride" < faithnomoread at yahoo.com [faithnomoread at yahoo.com] > wrote:

> Hello, I have an old xp machine that I wanted to convert to linux and since I
like Debian based /apt package management I wanted to try Lubuntu. My issue is
that the machine only has a cd drive and the Lubuntu disc (which I downloaded
from here several times: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu
[https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu] ) and it is 705mb every time and won’t on a 700mb. Are there any files on the
image that can be further compressed? Maybe using 7z ultra compression. I only
need to lose 5 mb. I can’t afford a dvd drive atm and it’s not really worth it
for me to get one anyone as I have other Linux machines already. Thanks in
advanced for any help.

Try using the Lubuntu mini I so or the lubuntu alternative images. The lubuntu
alternative should be less than 700MB. This will give you a minimal system and
you can install extra packages from the internet.