Lubuntu cd under 700mb?

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 10:08:06 UTC 2015

Den 2015-04-10 22:04, Brendan Perrine skrev:
> On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:27:10 +0000
> Marc Tremblay <mtremblay at lbpsb.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>> ?Are you able to get the machine to boot by USB? If you can just use Unetbootin to create a bootable USB drive with your Lubuntu ISO image.
>>
>> ________________________________

Plop should work :-) If not there are other methods:

1. Start from Lubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (and update/upgrade). You find iso
files listed with sizes in Gibibytes and can download them here:

http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/14.04.1/release/

2. Install a small image and then install the meta-package

lubuntu-desktop

a. Start from the Ubuntu 14.04 mini.iso that you find via

http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/netboot/trusty/

according to the description at

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall

b. Install via a tarball with OBI-9w