IBUS keyboard icon missing in Lubuntu 12.4.5

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:58:19 UTC 2015

Den 2015-04-09 19:39, Marc Tremblay skrev:
> Good afternoon,
>

> In installing version 12.4.5 of Lubuntu on a class set of netbooks for a
> school we have noticed that there is no icon in the lower right hand
> corner that enables us to add the French language keyboard and switch
> from English to French.
>

> When I click on IBUS under system tools, nothing happens. Under language
> support the input method is set to IBUS.
>

> Any help with this would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks

Good afternoon Marc,

Are you installing Lubuntu 12.04? Or is it a typing error?

Lubuntu 12.04 had no long time support. The specific program packages of
Lubuntu have passed end of life and receives no updates, not even
security updates. Lubuntu 14.04 LTS is the first Lubuntu version with
long time support.

If you need 12.04.5 because of drivers for old hardware, you can use
community re-spins, that promise long time support as long as standard
Ubuntu is supported, until April 2017. LXLE is one such alternative, but
in that case you should ask at the LXLE website for support. I wish and
hope that you can use Lubuntu 14.04 LTS and to keep it updated/upgraded.
We have the second point release now, 14.04.2.

Best regards
Nio

Best regards
Nio