Putting website shortcuts on the desktop in Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

Marc Tremblay mtremblay at lbpsb.qc.ca
Tue Sep 30 13:10:41 UTC 2014

Good morning,

I work for a school board in Montreal and we are finally shifting over to open source software for our older computer labs using  Lubuntu 14.04 instead of windows 7. The performance between the two is incomparable and schools are saving up to 15 000$ by converting to Lubuntu instead of purchasing new hardware.

Our teachers have been working with us on this and one big request is to put shortcut to web sites on the desktop. I thought this would be a simple request but I am unable to find any information on how to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Marc Tremblay
Educational Services Dept
Lester B. Pearson School Board