Shellshock bug bash fix released, including Utopic/14.10

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:15:56 UTC 2014

> For those of you don't know, there's a rather nasty little bug in bash
> that has been dubbed "Shellshock" that is now has a patched version in
> the repos. Update your system and you'll be good.
>
> More info:
> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-7169.html
>
> wxl

@wxl:

Thanks for that update, although about half an hour ago I ran
upgrade/update in my 14.04 Xubuntu/MATE system on my MBPro . . . and got
"0" upgrades . . . .  Possibly it was last updated a week or so back . . .
don't know if I'm free of this "Shellshock" bug or not . . . .  Would have
to check my PPC 12.04 and/or PPC 14.04 later this week end.

F/e.e.p.