LibreOffice under Lubuntu

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Wed Sep 24 20:18:58 UTC 2014

On 9/24/2014 3:57 PM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've encountered a problem with running LibreOffice (4.4.0.x) on a fresh
> installation of Lubuntu 14.04, in that text only paints as the mouse
> moves over it and mainly, but not always disappears as the mouse moves
> away. My machine is only an old toy (Pentium III) so this is not a
> serious problem, but I would like to understand it.
>
> Any thoughts, anyone.
>
> Peter HB

A shot in the dark, but I encountered some odd effects vaguely like that
on a machine with a video card that was not fully supported anymore.  In
short, this could be a video driver issue.  But if so I think it likely
that you would see some other effects outside of LibreOffice as well.
If such things *only* occur in LibreOffice, then the cause is probably
elsewhere.