WIFI connectivity issues with WPA2 enterprise and Lubuntu 13.10 and up

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 13:04:38 UTC 2014

Hi Marc,
I just remembered
>From this page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu

Network indicator on the panel may not start at login. You can start it
manually by launching "nm-applet" in a terminal. Some others autostarted
applications may also be affected (such as automatic updates). See
1308348 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1308348> for the details and
the ETA for the fix. To turn on nm-applet in autostart, follow these
instructions
<http://www.webupd8.org/2014/04/fix-lubuntu-1404-network-manager.html>
It may need two reboots to fully work.

But, you are saying you can try installing ANY derivative of Ubuntu
14.04 and have this issue?  I have also tried, and installed Xubuntu and
Ubuntu 14.04 also and have only had this issue in Lubuntu.

It is always a good idea to read the release notes, for issues like this
one.  Also, it is a good idea to make sure you have the full image, by
checking the md5sum.
I usually install zsync.  That way if my md5sum is off I can just zsync
the file and it will fix it, without having to re-download everything.