[Lubuntu-qa] lubuntu oversize

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:22:26 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

1. It seems the majority wants it like this:

- The desktop iso file size can go beyond CD size

- The alternate iso file stays within CD size

- The Ubuntu minimal iso file (net work installer) 'mini.iso' will
remain supported, and able to install Lubuntu.

I'm happy with it, and in particular, I'm glad that so many people
participated in the discussion.

2. Community respin with only lubuntu-core

Jörn suggested: "If there are many complaints, we could make a community
respin with only lubuntu-core, but that is another story."

I think it would provide a fairly straight-forward way to test Lubuntu
live, test if the drivers and automatic configuration work with the
hardware in the computer. So let us wait and see what we (the Lubuntu
Community members) need.

Best regards
Nio