New Lenovo Netbook

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 01:50:06 UTC 2014

Hi,
Every so often I get a computer with windows on it, and I resize the
windows partition for the person, so they can run their Windows only apps.
I have never once had an issue.  But really, most of the time, I only
use Windows to update the BIOS.
And then the next thing I do is install a flavour of Ubuntu.  Usually
Lubuntu, but sometimes Xubuntu.

That said, I never use the Windows partitioner.  I manually partition
the system inside the LiveCD.  Windows has always "worked" during those
times.  Usually, though it is better to reinstall Windows so you get a
fresh registry.  Though the newer NT based versions seem to handle
things a bit better, they always seem to get slower, and full of viruses
after they have been used for somewhere around a year.

Most of the 'broken' computers I get have windows issues.  I had one
that the sound wasn't working, and the DVD drive no longer functioned
(in windows).  I simply booted a live CD (yes the drive did work), and
voila... everything was working.