Live DVD (14.04) works fine but problems after install

Bob FromLynn bob01902 at ymail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:18:48 UTC 2014

Hello:

I am a first time Lubuntu user and after trying out 14.04 LTS (Live DVD) on my hardware, I installed it to the hard drive and updated it. Unfortunately, after rebooting, I can no longer view youtube video within the default browser Firefox which worked fine within the Live DVD.

I installed the Chrominum browser from the package manager but  the browser wouldn't even open. (Even after a reinstall of the browser.)

Lubuntu seems to function albeit slower than I expected.

My hardware has a 2GHz AMD Athlon XP 2400 CPU, 1 GB RAM, S3 Graphic Chipset (VT8375).

Question: If no one else is having problems streaming video in Lubuntu 14.04 within Firefox, then any suggestions?

What other browser could I try within Lubuntu?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob