Trouble printing TuxPaint files in Lubuntu computer lab

Marc Tremblay mtremblay at lbpsb.qc.ca
Wed Nov 19 20:34:51 UTC 2014

Good afternoon,

I apologize if this is off topic. I know this is not a Lubuntu issue but this is a big enough issue for our teachers for them to not want to convert over to Lubuntu from Windows 7.

We have converted part of their computer lab to Lubuntu 14.4 and the teachers are unable to print the pictures that the students had created. The error message they get is simply " sorry your picture can not be printed". There does not seem to be any way to configure the printing with TuxPaint.

I found out that I can install a tuxpaint config application that allows you to use an alternative print command instead of "LPR" which I believe is the default in Tuxpaint. Is there an alternative print command I could use that would allow us to print directly from the application?

Thanks

Marc Tremblay
Educational Services Dept
Lester B. Pearson School Board