need suggestions for sound GUIs [was: Re: Configuring sound output on Lubuntu 14.4]

Brendan Perrine walterorlin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:41:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:42:58 +0100
Henk Terhell <hterhell at chello.nl> wrote:

> by downloading
As I remember my personal exprience I found alsamixer to be fine I just wish it had an easy way to control output devices. That is one thing I find easier when I have installer pauvacontorl in the past.

On some newer desktops if you want to use headphones or speakers from the headphone jack it can want to use sound from the hdmi port as default. That is really the only thing I find hard to do with alsamixer.
--
Brendan Perrine <walterorlin at gmail.com>