Panel disappears after full screen windows

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 10 20:33:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Florian Coste <fcoste21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Florian Coste <fcoste21 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > I'm a new user of Lubuntu 14.10, but I've some problems
>> > with a very small netbook.
>> > Asus EeePC 1001PX
>> > I've noted that this behaviour is only with full screen Firefox. I
>> > really
>> > need of full screen option, because of my small size of screen.
>> Since this is only a Firefox problem, have you tried seeking upstream
>> help with the Firefox folks?
> No, in fact, it's not only a Firefox problem. I've tried with another
> browser (Chromium), and I note the same behaviour with full screen function.
> I have also seen video with GNOME Player, and after having done "Super + D",
> I'm going back to my desktop, but my panel has disappeared.
> I need to do "Alt + tab" to make reappear my panel.

So on 14.10 for me I have no such problem. Admittedly, I'm using it in
a virtual machine, but I am using the Lubuntu Netbook with a 640x480
resolution and it works fine.

However, Alt+tab suggests that it's treating it as a window and not as
a dock. Which is interesting. I've tried to replicate it by changing
both lxpanel and openbox settings and I can't get it to happen.

Does the Guest user have the same problem?
--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA