Lubuntu ISO prototype, build with LXQt, available for testing

Jörn Schönyan joern.schoenyan at web.de
Sat Nov 8 17:24:42 UTC 2014

Am Samstag, 8. November 2014 16:55:05 CEST schrieb Julien Lavergne:
>> Hello Julien and everyone else!
>>
>> Am Dienstag, 4. November 2014 23:29:13 CEST schrieb Julien Lavergne:
>>>
>>> Just an updates for the ISO. The last one is Qt5 only, and KDE free,
>>> which make it quite smaller. Unfortunately, many features are missing,
>>> and adding stuff without KDE depends, and with Qt5 is not easy.
>>
>> To make a desktop without Qt4 possible, I worked on getting
>> rid of the last
>> Qt4 dependency for the Updater. I will push a new update with some other
>> improvements in a few days.
>>
>> To be compatible with Trusty, I'm still using dependencies that are now
>> transitional dummy packages, for example qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin,
>> which is a dummy for qml-module-qtquick2 in Utopic+, but doesn't exists
in
>> Trusty (see [1]). Is that a problem?
>>
>> [1]
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/trusty/i386/qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin
>
> A depends like qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin | qml-module-qtquick2
> should do the trick. You just need to be compatible with trusty+.
Oh yes, that's good (and shows my lack of experience with Debian
packaging). But as far as I understand, it should be qml-module-qtquick2 |
qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin to prefer the (more recent)
qml-module-qtquick2?

I will push the new version later today after I did some basic testing.
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne
Best regards, Jörn