Garbage left on screen in 14.04

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Sat May 31 16:56:47 UTC 2014

On 05/31/2014 07:10 AM, Israel wrote:
> On 05/30/2014 11:46 PM, c. marlow wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am starting to see garbage left on my screen like the picture below
>>

>> http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/CMAR606/LUBUNTU/2014-05-30-234448_1280x1024_scrot.png
>>

>> That garbage left on the screen ( that clear box) was from me closing
>> a terminal window
>>

>> Any ideas why?
>>
>> And the only way to get it off the screen is open another program a
>> few times and it clears up on its own.
>>

>> This is a fresh install from 12.04 to 14.04 I reformatted the pc to 14.04
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christopher
>>

> Hi,
> I like your background, it is very epic!
>
> What kind of graphics card do you have?
> If you don't know you can run this command in a terminal
> lspci | grep VGA
>
> Did you install a proprietary driver for it?
> Do you have a compositor running (like xcompmgr or compton, etc...)?
>
> If you disable the drop shadows on the windows does it still leave the
> shadow?
>
> And finally have you updated you computer fully?
> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install

Hello Israel!

christopher at COMPAQ:~$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT
640] (rev a1)
christopher at COMPAQ:~$

Yes, I have the nvidia drivers installed.

I think I have xcomp installed, I was trying to get DOCKY to work but it
kept leaving this black shadow on the screen

Thanks! and here is the desktop if you want it! I got it from VANILLA
DEBIAN back when I used plain debian Wheezy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/CMAR606/LUBUNTU/opole-sky.jpg

Christopher

--
~ Christopher ~
chris at marlows.org

**DISCLAIMER:

This email and any files transmitted from chris at marlows.org, and to
chris at marlows.com, are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and
may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive
this email in error, please advise me by return email immediately. Please
also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately. All emails incoming and outgoing are kept for my personal use
and are kept on file and archived away INDEFINITELY.