Lubuntu 14.10 and after

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Fri May 30 18:39:13 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 11:55 AM, Rafael Laguna wrote:
> You are right about it. We realized that our desktop concept was
> exactly the same as theirs. The overall look is the same, that "old"
> desktop metaphor based on CDE standards (just like Windows or LXDE)
> using an icon grid and a panel. And remember the libraries. At this
> moment we use too many widget libraries. Extra and unuseful effort.
>
> --
> Rafael Laguna
> Lubuntu Artwork Team

> <mailto:dale.visser at live.com>>:
>
>     I think the two projects (LXDE and RazorQt) simply found common
>     goals, philosophy and duplication of effort. I imagine they
>     figured everybody working on the same thing would produce better
>     results overall. Lubuntu devs don't gave much choice other than
>     forking LXDE, which would be taking on more work than they want,
>     I'm sure.
>
>     Sent from my Windows Phone

So will the project or distro spin still be called LUBUNTU or will it be
getting a new name?

Thanks,
Christopher

--
~ Christopher ~
chris at marlows.org

**DISCLAIMER:

This email and any files transmitted from chris at marlows.org, and to
chris at marlows.com, are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and
may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive
this email in error, please advise me by return email immediately. Please
also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately. All emails incoming and outgoing are kept for my personal use
and are kept on file and archived away INDEFINITELY.