Box icons

farinet at arcor.de farinet at arcor.de
Thu May 29 23:36:00 UTC 2014

Am 29.05.2014 10:34, schrieb lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com:

> I like the Lubuntu community very much!
> Many people helped me when I first started using Lubuntu, and GNU/Linux
> in general.
> I try to help people, even if I do not know all the answers, but there
> is always more to learn.
> It is much more pleasant for people to be loving, rather than irritated :D

Pleasant spirit! :D

I use the opportunity to point out a problem i have with the lubuntu
theme. If i choose in lxappearance Box, Box-dark-panel or Lubuntu
default i'm getting errors starting several programs (like synaptic,
gdebi, gnome-mplayer ...). The errors look like this:

----
(synaptic:24843): Gtk-WARNING **: Style property
"border-top-left-radius" is not gettable

(synaptic:24843): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
/build/glib2.0-9sMUmu/glib2.0-2.40.0/./gobject/gtype.c:4210: type id '0'
is invalid

(synaptic:24843): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for
type '<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
Speicherzugriffsfehler
----
(Speicherzugriffsfehler = memory access error)

I also tried with other window managers than openbox (jwm namely) but
the result is the same. The error msgs sometimes change a bit.

Now, i thought it might depend on the rounded (shaped) corners thing ad
i tried with clearlooks as window theme - keeping for all the rest (i.e.
icon theme, window decoration and theme in obconf) Box. And it works.

It's far beyond my capabilities to debug this error but may be you'll
have an idea.

(That's on a powerbook g4 17")