lubuntu ppc: no sound in newer kernels (Israel)

farinet at arcor.de farinet at arcor.de
Wed May 21 04:41:31 UTC 2014

I was too fast: Sound is working now!

  In addition to what you suggested i also deleted *ALL* pulseaudio
related stuff (save that library on which depends blueman).

My /etc/modules now, looks like this:

----
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
# Parameters can be specified after the module name.

apm_emu
snd-powermac
snd-aoa
snd-aoa-fabric-layout
snd-aoa-i2sbus
snd-aoa-codec-tas
snd-aoa-soundbus
therm_adt746x fan_speed=66 limit_adjust=6
----

Seems good to you?

Tomorrow i'll try to boot with kernel 3.13 and see what happens

PS. Could you send me the explanations you sent to the list here. I
missed them for one reason or another (may be to my mail address, not
via list)? TIA