14.04 seems subject to bug 1046563 with update-manager/notifier

bapoumba bapoumba at ubuntu.com
Mon May 19 19:08:21 UTC 2014

Hey John,

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM, John Hupp <lubuntu at prpcompany.com> wrote:

> For anyone just tuning in now, the bug in which 14.04 does not autostart
> anything from /etc/xdg/autostart affects update-notifier (yes, it's in the
> Release Notes, but I only remembered the application to nm-applet).

I have removed a whole chunk of quotes, to address the autostart bit.
Please have a look here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2224690
Another one that benefits from being manually added to the autostart apps
(and have lock screen working).

I'm not sure where to start looking. There are several bugs I read over,
then decided to lock at how lxlock was working, and ended up looking at
/usr/bin/lxlock for hints..

These are only workarounds.

Cheers,

bapoumba