14.04 seems subject to bug 1046563 with update-manager/notifier

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Sun May 18 15:23:29 UTC 2014

When I booted the laptop today (with the Default applications for
LXSession in place), I was immediately offered updates, so I take that
as a good initial confirmation of what I posted yesterday.

I installed some, but not all of the updates, so we'll see if I'm
offered more over the next couple days.