Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 54

farinet at arcor.de farinet at arcor.de
Fri May 16 21:53:45 UTC 2014

On 16.05.2014 21:27, lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> As a middle measure you could also try
> sudo apt-get clean
>
> (Since synaptic is a front-end for the apt system, the problem may lie
> there, and the above command clears out the local repository of
> retrieved package files.)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I tried it as well as autoclean. But to
no extent.

OTOH, all 'apt-get' commands from a terminal work correctly. It's
synaptic, which does not work. Just a minute ago i realized that also
gdebi-gtk will not work. I got this error, repeating the operation i'd
tried before in desktop environment out of a terminal:

-----
$ gksu gdebi-gtk icedove-l10n-de_24.3.0-1_all.deb

(gdebi-gtk:25904): Gtk-WARNING **: Style property
"border-top-left-radius" is not gettable
/usr/share/gdebi/GDebi/GDebiGtk.py:1085: Warning:
/build/glib2.0-9sMUmu/glib2.0-2.40.0/./gobject/gtype.c:4210: type id '0'
is invalid
   Gtk.main_iteration()
/usr/share/gdebi/GDebi/GDebiGtk.py:1085: Warning: can't peek value table
for type '<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
   Gtk.main_iteration()
Segmentation fault
-----

Seems pretty much the same as for synaptic.

What is a Gtk.main_interation? And what a segmentation fault?

Thanks a lot in advance for your patience!