Question from a newbie about backup software and more

James McCoy spaceknight2 at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 19:37:25 UTC 2014

I been using Ubuntu (now running 13.10) for some time and know it comes
with backup software like Deja Dup already included. I just started
learning about Lubuntu 14.04 and plan to install it in my HP 64 bit
laptop and wonder does it also have built-in backup software or do I
need to install it?

If I need to install backup software - does anyone have suggestions for
backup software for Lubuntu?

Ubuntu has "Ubuntu Tweak" - is there similar software for Lubuntu? I
heard about "Lubuntu Tweak" but do not know anything about it. What is
it like? Will Ubuntu Tweak work on Lubuntu?

Is there any kind of listings/directories of software and/or
applications for Lubuntu in particular? I know of websites "Appnr" and
"Linux App Finder" - but they have apps for Ubuntu in general. I am
looking for lightweight versions of Ubuntu apps (example - lightweight
version of firewall "Firestarter" or lightweight version of video
editing software Kino/Kdenlive).

James
Indiana / USA