14.04 seems subject to bug 1046563 with update-manager/notifier

bapoumba bapoumba at ubuntu.com
Mon May 12 10:09:38 UTC 2014

Hello !

On Sun, 11 May 2014 20:07:35 +0200, John Hupp <lubuntu at prpcompany.com>
wrote:

> It's now been 3 full days, and I have not been notified about any
> available updates yet.  A manual run of Software Updater now shows 4.3
> MB available.  So it does >not seem that the delay is due to phased
> updates, but that the bug 1046563 is still active here.
>
> @bapoumba, you seemed to have the same problem.  Any new observations?
As I mentioned in the forums thread, some of the packages I had spotted
have shown up in update-notifier. I'm keeping an eye on this and will
report again if packages are not being pushed in update-notifier after the
3-4 days watch period when no bugs or issues are reported.
Of course, the upgrade process will explicitly be stopped in
update-notifier if bugs are reported.
I'll have a closer look later tonight (I'm UTC +1).

Regards,
b.

--
bapoumba