Display Serious Issue with Lubuntu

Fri May 9 17:27:15 UTC 2014

On 05/09/2014 10:36 AM, Ali Linx wrote:
> With MS Windows, IIRC, each time you change the resolution of the
> screen, the applications/windows will be smaller as well. With
> Lubuntu, it seems different case.
>
> I haven't tested Xubuntu for example on that machine. Not sure if I
> have time to do that but I guess I can always run it from the LiveUSB
> and test it.
Ali:

I will try Xubuntu on my HP Mini, and see if it allows me more flexibility.

I have specified different screen resolutions on Lubuntu (and other
Ubuntu variants), but it doesn't seem to allow you to exceed what the
monitor is capable of (or what it 'thinks' the monitor is capable of).

I have a Xubuntu 14.04 live USB, so I'll give it a try on my HP Mini,
and report back.

--
Sincerely,
Aere