14.04 seems subject to bug 1046563 with update-manager/notifier

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Thu May 8 16:43:17 UTC 2014

OK, I'm in good position to test whether this is the old bug at work or
simply phased updates working properly.  I just ran Software Updater
manually and it identified 683 KB of updates available for the Lubuntu
Base.  I did not install the updates, so within 2.5 days I should be
notified that there are updates available.