Testing the lubuntu 14.04-ppc live iso

Sat May 3 16:30:04 UTC 2014

On 05/03/2014 09:41 AM, Israel wrote:
> The hw-detect module is messed up so now it detects the wrong
> hardware, or something like that.
Israel & All:

 From my experience, I have seen statements in the:

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

file that prevent certain sound cards from being the default (index 0)
sound-card, such as the following statements:

# Prevent abnormal drivers from grabbing index 0
options snd-intel8x0m index=-2

Also there are statements specifying the use of 'blacklist'
configurations, such as the following:

# Load saa7134-alsa instead of saa7134 (which gets dragged in by it anyway)
install saa7134 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install saa7134 $CMDLINE_OPTS &&
{ /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist saa7134-alsa ; : ; }

Also, there are several 'blacklist' configuration files in that same folder:

/etc/modprobe.d

Perhaps something could be done modifying some of these configuration
files that could solve the problem, rather than needing to make kernel
changes.

--
Sincerely,
Aere