Testing the lubuntu 14.04-ppc live iso

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sat May 3 15:15:48 UTC 2014

Gents:

Booted the LiveDVD of Lu 14.04 in my iBook last night, using "live-powerpc
video=radeonfb:1024x768-32" as boot parameters, and that got me into a
clean GUI display, so that part was fine.  But, no sound was found, and
that in and of itself isn't putting me off using 14.04, but rather it is
the slowness of xorg. Window dragging seems to be slow, and doesn't follow
the mouse movement, but seems to be independent of it. And also scrolling
in firefox, e.g., in a long forum thread, is sluggish . . . .  Doesn't seem
to be tailored to PPC users?

On the flip side, Xubun 14 in my MBPro runs OK, albeit does seem to run at
higher temps than LM16, which I thought was running hot . . . .

F/e.e.p.