Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 81

farinet at arcor.de farinet at arcor.de
Thu May 1 13:51:32 UTC 2014

Am 01.05.2014 01:50, schrieb lubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com:
> Hi,
> Actually Ubuntu inherited the no sound bug from Debian :(
> So... 12.04 is probably the best bet for now.  You can do a mini install
> of Ubuntu, and customize it however you like.  Obviously the Lubuntu
> packages are not being updated for 12.04.  However, there are other DE
> options as well as other WM options.
> I like LXDE a lot, but I am also quite partial to JWM, as it is
> extremely fast.
> I hope this helps you out some.

Ok, sad but it's like this.

But is it really necessary to downgrade all? Wouldn't it be possible to
only use a "lower" kernel and "pin" it to be aware from unwanted
upgrades up to when the sound problem is solved?

Isn't there somewhere something like a "kernel pool" wherefrom one could
try to install by hand an older one (and cross the fingers, that it
might work?

I'll have a look at JWM :D

TIA