PPC testing

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 06:33:49 UTC 2014

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response!

You can boot USB on PPC through Open Firmware... this worked in 14.04,
and 12.04
The EFI ones (Intel Macs) do not boot from USB easily like the Open
Firmware ones do... though it isn't easy like BIOS is easy... but easy
for a proprietary locked-down piece of hardware.

I am testing the Alpha... and wondered if someone else has been testing
it, and come across this problem.

I should probably post this on some other list, rather than the 'users'
list, I suppose... but this is the list the call for testing went out
on.  I wanted to see if someone had booted it from USB yet... or if this
might be a bug, or if this is a known issue that someone is already
working on, or something I hadn't though about :)