AW: Re: Cannot suspend now?

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Wed Jun 4 18:11:52 UTC 2014

On 06/04/2014 07:54 AM, Israel wrote:
> On 06/04/2014 12:33 AM, c. marlow wrote:
>>>
>> on 06/03/2014 10:55 PM, leszek.lesner at web.de wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Check your free ram.
>>> If this problem only occurs after some time of work on the PC the
>> ram might run full and there is not enough free to suspend to ram
>> (hence it times out)
>>> Greetings
>>> Leszek

>> I checked and it said it was only using 200 MB out of 2 gigs... Odd....
>>

>> Christopher
>>

> Hi,
> Did you update the kernel package recently?  If so, you might try
> booting into the older kernel to see if this is a bug in the current
> version.  The screenshots indicate a 'kernel oops'... so it would be
> worth trying an older kernel.  If you are unfamiliar with how to do
> this, when you turn on your computer (assuming you have BIOS not EFI)
> you will see the BIOS screen.
> After this hold down the 'SHIFT' key.  This will display your Grub2 menu
> screen.  Choose the 'Advanced options for Ubuntu' (I don't remember the
> entry name verbatim, sorry if I am a bit off).
> You will then enter a sub-menu.  Simply choose the kernel version before
> 3.13.0-27 (i.e. linux 3.13.0-26)
>
> Then boot normally.  If the problem is fixed, you now know where the
> issue is.  If it is not... there will be some digging to do.

Oh, I let KSPLICE do the updating for me to where I dont have to reboot
so much kind of one of the reason's I got away from windows :X.

It works very well, no errors updates the kernel and I dont have to
reboot. ^_^

--
~ Christopher ~
chris at marlows.org

**DISCLAIMER:

This email and any files transmitted from chris at marlows.org, and to
chris at marlows.com, are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and
may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive
this email in error, please advise me by return email immediately. Please
also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately. All emails incoming and outgoing are kept for my personal use
and are kept on file and archived away INDEFINITELY.