problem with icons of ms office files

Tue Jan 21 18:50:29 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 09:41 PM, Miguel Romero wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> a few days ago I installed LUBUNTU on my PC, after that I installed
> Kingsoft Office and now when I check any file of Microsoft Office
> (XLS, PPT, DOC) I see something like this  1 10 101 1100....
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76685476/lubuntu.png
>
> Why does it happens? How can I fix it?
> Thanks in advance.

Miguel:

I have no knowledge of Kingsoft Office, to help you with that.

However, LibreOffice is easily installable (free of charge) on Lubuntu
from the repository, and (in my experience) seamlessly handles all of
the Microsoft document and spreadsheet files, and can both read and
write them.

To a lesser degree, Abiword and gnumeric will also do so (I don't use
Abiword because of difficulties I've had using graphics in documents - I
use LibreOffice instead).  I checked if Abiword and Gnumeric support the
various Microsoft spreadsheet and document file formats, and they do.

--
Sincerely,
Aere